Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving


I am Thankful for my family. It is weird because the term family is changing for me since I got married... I didn't quite understand the importance of it the way I do now. I guess by family I mean Weston and I, but I also mean my mom and her family, my dads family and my sisters in law and their families. I am so lucky to have Nan and Becky and their kids in my life - because without them I wouldn't know what it was like to have sisters and nieces and nephews.

I am grateful for my home. I always felt I would have a white picket fence life - but didn't know it would happen so soon or how it would happen.

I am grateful for Ellie.
I am grateful for my different groups of friends. Nicole, Alyson, Anders and that group - which has strengthened me and bettered my life. And Sarah - Deanna who I have had some of the best moments of my life with. Leah who I can live vicariously through. And anyone else who will tolerate me.

I am grateful for the Volvo - my new bookshelf - and my soft bed.

I am grateful to have my health and the health of my loved ones.

I am grateful to have a job in today's crazy market.

I am grateful for music.

I am grateful for edamame.



I am grateful for fuzzy slippers.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

It's amazing how many things there are to be thankful for if you just stop and look at life. Let me know when you want to go to Olive Garden, I'm pretty much always free.

The Brockbanks said...

Sniff, sniff, that was beautiful! You are so sweet. I am so grateful to have you in our FAMILY!!

Joanie said...

Edamame... I've been meaning to buy some frozen, peeled but I can't find them :( You're funny.

sarahlouise said...

hear hear. very good and so true. we have so much to be grateful for. . . love u!

Joanie said...

Can you email me your address poanster@yahoo.com? I can't trust Ryan to get it from Weston.

The Shumway Family said...

Hey Claire, we would love come over for dinner sometime. The only nights we are booked are Tues and Wed. What works for you? Even after Christmas works.